Solar Panel Bird Mesh - 10m Extension Kit
VEXO solar panel guard kits are designed to keep birds from getting under solar panels, to protect the roof, electrical wiring and panels from damage. This system securely protects panels without damaging or voiding panel warranty.
Solar Panel Bird Mesh Kit Contains:
- 1 x 10m roll stainless steel & UV PVC coated wire mesh (10m L x 20cm H)
- 35 x Fasteners
- Installation tips sheet
- Dimensions: 30 metres x 20cm (L x W)
- Durable Stainless Steel PVC coated mesh to last under Australian weather
- Fasteners clip onto panel without marking or damaging panel, protecting panel warranty
- Simple and secure installation
- Effectively protects solar investment
- Warranty - VEXO Solar Panel Guard Kit has a 5 year manufacturer’s warranty against faulty or defective parts only. Warranty does not cover incorrect installation or mishandling of parts.
Tools Required - Gloves, metal snips, pliers.
- Place clips every 30 – 40 cm along the underside of the solar panel frame. Hold the flat tip of the rod, slide the clip under the panel then hook the frame and pull tight.
- Roll out the mesh and cut into 2 metre sections for easier handling. Position the mesh in place, making sure the fastening rod points upwards so it keeps a downward pressure on the mesh to create a firm barrier to the roof. Allow the bottom to flare out and curve along the roof, this ensures rodents and birds cannot access under the
- Attach the fastening washer and push firmly to the end to tightly secure the mesh.
- When joining the next section of mesh, overlay approximately 10 cm and join the two pieces with cable ties to create a complete barrier.
- For outer corners: cut upwards from the bottom until the bend point. Cut a section of mesh to cover any gaps using cable ties to fix the corner piece in place.
- For inner corners: cut the mesh upwards from the bottom until the bend point, secure any overlay sections together using cable ties.